Agua Fresca | Jamaica
This one is for all the designated drivers out there who still want to drink by the pool. Agua frescas are a gift to the under-age/non-alcoholic drinker at the pool party. Here's my twist on the classic jamaica (hibiscus) beverage.
Jamaica Recipe | makes just over a gallon
- 1 pint dried hibiscus leaves // I blended mine with dried rosehips for an extra floral flavor
- 2 quarts water
- Honey to sweeten
- Bring to a boil, let simmer for 10 minutes and then let it cool.
- Once flowers have started settling to the bottom the concentrate it ready.
- I store my jamaica in 2 half gallon mason jars.
- Pour half of the concentrate into each mason jar and fill the rest with water.
- I use honey to sweeten instead of sugar but if you lean toward sugar just make sure it’s fully dissolved before you serve or the sweetness will not be evenly dispersed.